Schedule/Calendar Around FUDCons

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Feb 10 04:51:42 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 04:22:36PM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> Hey Everyone,
>
> I am trying to work on the larger general calendar template.  Like we
> said, it should run from FUDCon -> 6 weeks post release.  Starting
> around FUDCon, what tasks do we usually have to take care of?  Right
> now, I have posting announcements to community sites and planet,
> notifying press/directing/answering inquiries, write ups for rh/fedora
> owned publications, planning marketing activities for fudcon.
>
> Is there anything else that should be on there?  Is someone currently
> doing something now that we should be taking off their plate?

Here's a quick brain dump, in convenient paste-in-a-wiki format :) ...

* Talking points for the release
** Develop these from the start of the Feature process
** Add some features as they are accepted
** Used to guide press discussions
** Can be l10nized
** Coordinate with Fedora Project Leader
* Guiding the regional localized [[Release announcements]]
** These '''are not''' translations/transliterations of a fixed announcement
** These '''are''' a set of tight paragraphs (3 to 5), easy to understand and translate
** These '''are''' available for regional people/Ambassadors to use when writing their own, from scratch, regional/locale/cultural/etc. specific release announcement
** Coordinate with the [[Docs Project]], who have the expertise in writing for translation
* Getting someone to write the whimsical, English, main release announcement
** We have tried to get one person to write from a given or generated idea
** We've looked for someone new each release, esp. hard working writers who haven't done it before
** May draw writer from [[Docs Project]] or other teams
** The Fedora Project Leader ([[User:Pfrields|Paul W. Frields]] currently) has final pass on the announcement and should be in the loop along the way
* Release overview?
** Not clearly been owned by anyone in the past
** FPL usually writes it working with Docs
** At least needs to be tracked by Marketing
* Presentation production and maintenance?
** No one has yet owned talk/presentation standards
** Standard template + multiple standard presentations
** Timeless and version-specific
** Work with Ambassadors and L10n
*** Make available in multiple languages
* Video
** Work with Red Hat's video team when we have integration points
** Define whatever central video repo Fedora (TV) is going to have
*** Maintain that repo?

For reference:

* https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Release_announcements

Also, hunting through the history of the Marketing tasks page was
helpful in reconstructing memory, for example:

https://fedoraproject.org/w/index.php?title=Marketing%2FTasks&diff=76401&oldid=50589

cheers - Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41