Fedora 10 for Itanium (IA64) Architecture?

Tosh toshlinux at gmail.com
Sat Feb 14 17:41:20 UTC 2009

Sutton, Harry (MSE) wrote:
> One of our engineers posted a question on an internal mailing list
> asking why he was unable to find this release; I can't find it on any of
> the mirrors, is this an oversight or an intentional drop of this
> architecture?
>
>      /Harry Sutton, RHCA, RHCSS
>       HP Open Source and Linux Profession Global Lead

Redhat still supports ia64, but as it is not that prominent an
architecture for the free community users, there tends to be less focus
on this architecture - eg : Fedora and CentOS

A humble suggestion : maybe if HP would be as kind as to help the community
(1) HP could contribute it's effort of porting to ia64 arch to the open
source community directly
(2) donating some hardware, as they are the co-inventor/producer of this
architecture
It will in my opinion speed up development