Proposal: The New Fedora Marketing

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Feb 19 14:59:09 UTC 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 06:18:02PM -0500, Jack Aboutboul wrote:

> Also, this should all be kept under
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/Schedule with trailing
> /releasever and an anchor from that main page to whatever the current
> release is.

Just a note that this fakey-nesting is deprecated under our page
naming guidelines.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_structure

Natural language page names, e.g. [[Marketing schedule for F10]], are
easier to translate, easier to find via search, and less exclusive.
Fakey-nesting requires each community member to learn the hierarchy,
which are not consistent across Fedora sub-projects.

Since we're restarting the Marketing, we might want to take the chance
to clean-up, rename, and categorize key pages to make them work better
under MediaWiki.

- Karsten
http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
AD0E0C41