Status of the picture book

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 21:37:21 UTC 2009

On Mon, Feb 23, 2009 at 10:53:13AM +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Ian Weller wrote:
>> stabus report/slight rant time now -- it looks long but please read :)
>>
>> 1) Blocking on release forms. I'm assured RH Legal is working on it. In
>>    the meantime if you're willing to take photos of people and have
>>    their contact information so you can hunt them down with a New and
>>    Improved Release Form then there's no reason stopping you; you just
>>    can't upload them to the wiki yet.
>
> I am sorry to say this, but I feel this process is kind of bogus. One
> thing we learned from FOSS is that license proliferation is a bad thing
> and on the same line of thought, why Release Forms proliferation would
> be a good thing? Using the NIH syndrome is not in the FOSS spirit.
>
> Is hard for me to understand what is the problem if I get a generic
> release form for "any media and any purpose"  and contribute it under
> CLA and an accepted license.

I have been told that we must wait on release forms from RH Legal before
we upload pictures to the wiki. The temporary release forms we got from
spot for FUDCon were for that specific FUDCon only -- also what I've
been told.

I hate to see how we're mostly blocking on this too for pictorial
content but as Paul said later down this thread they're getting on
Legal. I trust that they'll have them done soon.

I also agree that a generic release form under the CLA would be
wonderous. However I am not The Powers That Be.  :)

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36