Wiki schedule and task list

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 14:46:06 UTC 2009

Steven Moix wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I branched off the marketing schedule template [1] for the current F11
> release [2]. Owners and dates were added, we'll fill it during the next
> meeting i think.
>
> You may notice that I also linked the general task list from there [3],
> this is intended for tasks that are not release-dependent. It looks a
> bit outdated to me at the moment.
>
> One thing keeps me from finishing the wiki cleanup now: how do we want
> to distribute our news? If we look at Jonrob's notes [4], there is a
> task for lay press contacts. This is clearly conflicting with the news
> distribution network proposition. My proposition is the following:
>
> * We set the marketing group as responsible people for the English
> contacts. This way we can "control" primary websites and coordinate our
> efforts with Red Hat for the big announcements.
>
> What do you think about this? I'd like to have it fixed before
> tomorrow's meeting so we can really go on with the important work.

Steven,

Thank you so very much, for everything.  The truth is, I think both
models can work well, but I am willing to try the distribution network
idea for a release or two and see how it goes.  In theory, it could be
more efficient.  If everyone agrees, I think we can go ahead with it.
What does everyone think?

Jack