Status of the picture book

Tom "spot" Callaway tcallawa at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 21:38:41 UTC 2009

On 2009-02-26 at 14:13:36 -0500, William Cattey <wdc at MIT.EDU> wrote:
> I agree with Chuck.
>
> Although I was easily able to sign the model release I received at
> FudCon because it was releasing the image I gave, the Red Hat lawyers
> seem to want perpetual license to use all aspects of my likeness for
> marketing purposes, and MIT, my employer will not permit that.
>
> MIT does not get involved in the marketing of products, and if my face
> and title were used in certain contexts, it would conflict with my
> employer's strictures on MIT marketing.

These are very valid points. Red Hat Legal was able to quickly turn
around a new version of this document for us, please look at:

http://spot.fedorapeople.org/Model%20and%20Contribution%20Release%20rev1.pdf

It is no longer an "exclusive" agreement, and it is now bounded to the
Fedora Picture Book only.

Please let me know if there are any additional concerns, Red Hat is more
than willing to work with our needs here.

Thanks,

~spot