[Ambassadors] Re: Picture Book....

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 13:37:34 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 09:29:18PM -0800, Doug Berry wrote:
> > (However I'm not sure who needs to register on
> > LSI's website if Max is
> > the one getting all the moneys.)
>
> I definitely think it should be Max, or someone Red Hat.
> LSI is going to like much better dealing with an established
> corporation. All Max or whoever would have to do is go to
> the Lightning Source web site, click on the "New Accounts"
> button and fill out the form. Once we are registered, they
> will assign us a "Guide" who will explain their system.
>
> I think I understand the point that Paul Fields was trying
> to make the other day: we are a FREE Software foundation
> and we don't want to appear to be morphing into a commercial
> book publish phenomenom. But if it seems to be a Red Hat
> venture and are just a Beta version of it, well....

It seems to me that Max has got a plan for how to make the finances
work out, whether that's by simply giving these as community gifts or
using any income to fund other Fedora efforts (or simply sustain the
publishing and gift-giving on the side).  My only concern was that we
maintain transparency in any financial accounting.  I'd love to write
an introduction for these.