[Ambassadors] Re: Picture Book....

Ian Weller ianweller at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 03:57:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 09:06:08PM -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 05, 2009 at 03:55:17PM -0600, Ian Weller wrote:
> > The only real reason I would want to do this is if we decreased the
> > purchase price accordingly. I think the less hassle we put on us (have
> > distributors do the work for us), the better, and the extra bit in the
> > price pays for itself. From what I understand, we're setting the
> > wholesale price, not the retail price though.
> >
> > That's not to say I'm completely against doing the shipping ourselves.
>
> Agreed about letting the distributors take up some of the work if it's
> possible and not too cost prohibitive.

I don't think it is. The pricing I mentioned is for going through with
the distributors plan. That is, we're setting wholesale price at $15, so
not sure what it'll end up being retail (we can set a price, but who
knows if it'll stick).

> Agreed again.  It would be great to integrate Mo's graphics with the
> cover design, the endpapers, and/or some part of the interior page
> design:
>
> http://duffy.fedorapeople.org/collateral/fourfs/

But of course :)  I'm already thinking up designs in my head.

> I *really* would prefer hardbacks.  That's a much more lasting item,
> whether we give as gifts or buy for ourselves.  But again, if the cost
> makes them so expensive no one will buy them, that would be a silly
> requirement.  I just hope they're not *that* costly.

So do I, but I also would really prefer color pages. Apparently the two
options are not combinable at LSI... but if someone could call them and
confirm that that'd be cool.

My plan I emailed a day or two ago called for an 8.5" square paperback
with 80 full color pages.

--
Ian Weller <ianweller at gmail.com>                  http://ianweller.org
GnuPG fingerprint:  E51E 0517 7A92 70A2 4226  B050 87ED 7C97 EFA8 4A36