Interview with Tom "Spot" Callaway, Fedora Engineering Manager

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 19 16:26:51 UTC 2009

Hi

http://www.hardware.no/artikler/tom_spot_callaway_english/66947/2

"One of the nicest things about FOSS is that when you're really doing it
right, when you're contributing code and changes back to the upstream,
everyone benefits. So, from that perspective, we really don't feel like
we're competing with other Linux distributions that are contributing
their changes upstream. With Windows or Mac, I think there is a certain
amount of friendly competition, but we're really just trying to build a
better product with a better ideology. FOSS conquers by being faster,
better, and free, there is no need for a conscious plan to destroy
Windows, because, then what? Besides, we get some of our best ideas by
simply avoiding Microsoft's mistakes. Hehe."

Rahul