Picture book....

Doug Berry slasherzee at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 22 06:52:50 UTC 2009

--- On Mon, 1/19/09, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro> wrote:

> The most important requirement from a technical point of
> view is to have the images big enough, so depending on the
> paper size we may want to resuest something like at least 4
> or 5 Megapixels (multiply the page size in inches with 300
> DPI and we get the minimum resolution needed in pixels).

Hey, I've been out of touch for the last week and trying to
catch up. One thing I would like to suggest is that someone,
either Max or Ian W, go to the LSI web site and register us
as an official client.

LSI has exact standards that we will have to meet before they
WILL accept our books for publication. I'm not sure if they
are still the same, but the old standard (mid-2007) used to
be that all images had to be 300(+) dpi TIFFs.

I am unsure whether that is the current standard we would
have to meet, or not. But before we start, we should know
exactly what their standards are. When we register, they
will send us all the specs. Then we can shoot for them
from the start.

-- Douglas Berry --
slasherzee at fedoraproject.org