expand the user base by ... pointing people in the right direction?

Michelle Thompson mthompso at redhat.com
Fri Jan 30 16:37:58 UTC 2009

I keep a look out (recently) on Tweets about Fedora.

http://twitter.com/dr_scholl

^^^ this person tweeted these:
(dr_scholl) is looking for HELP!! Apparently I don't have "make" on my
Fedora 10 ?? WTF?? How do I install it?

and

hrms... yum install make says it's installed, but CPAN is still telling
me it can't find it :( This is FRUSTRATING

I'm wondering what some thoughts out there are on maybe trying to point
this tweeter in the right direction. I am more familiar with
communications, and less familiar with the technical side (so I'm not
qualified to help). Just wondering if we would encourage user help in
social media channels.

[or, if anyone has a pointer -- help docs? a mailing list? an IRC
channel? a wiki page? :) ... I can try an @reply to this person .. .]

Thoughts?

mt