Marketing Meeting 2009-07-07 minutes and tasks

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 15:28:17 UTC 2009

Thanks for cleaning and posting logs, Steven!

Sorry for the delay in getting these notes out, everyone; I had a bunch
of back-to-back IRC meetings and neglected to take RSI breaks, so I had
to wait a while for my hands to regain usefulness.

Again, here's Steven's log:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Marketing_meeting_2009-07-07

Our current tasks for the 6 weeks leading to Alpha (now 'till 8/18)
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule#The_6_weeks_leading_up_to_Alpha_.282009-07-07_-_2009-08-18.29

Tasks that aren't cycle milestones:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing_F12_schedule#Current_tasks

I've appended the tasks with due dates on or before our next meeting at
the bottom of this message, and cc'd folks with tasks on this email.

A separate email on the status of FooBar will be going out shortly,
since that's a big topic with a lot of discussion/coordination going on
right now - but there's plenty of non-FooBar stuff to be done to keep us
on track for F12, so don't get too distracted by this. ;) (Many thanks
to Steven for setting a great example of how to keep us moving forward
with our other duties while the FooBar convo is ongoing!)

*runs to make ready the [[FooBar]] page*

--Mel

--------

mchua: update marketing f12 schedule with meeting notes, create FooBar
page and hand off to appropriate people (2009-07-08)

moixs: Cleanup the wiki from the obsolete marketing cycles (2009-07-14)

moixs: Cycle the wiki pages to the new release 	(2009-07-14)

ianweller: Choose a Foobar platform (2009-08-01) Final platform should
be chosen by 8/1; in the meantime, this means serving as the liason
between zikula/logistics and marketing/foobar alongside JonRob. Specific
deliverables before 7/14 marketing meeting: (1) Attend 7/8 Zikula
meeting as Marketing/FooBar delegate, and send meeting notes from that
perspective to both the logistics and marketing lists; (2) on FooBar,
list the criteria you're using for platform selection, and (3) on
FooBar, draft a list of features that platform should have (as part of
the selection criteria) on FooBar. Ping Marketing people on-list and
in-channel to help fill in brainstorms for all 3.

Sparks: Docs team release notes request writeup (2009-07-14) Docs team
wants Marketing to write a 1-pg user-focused version of release notes;
Sparks to shoot an email to mktglist on what the idea is and what Docs
is looking for from Marketing. It sounds like you'd like Marketing to
own the 1-pg notes and coordinate with Docs, but we are not sure exactly
what this 1-pager is that we would own. At the 7/14 meeting, we'll look
for volunteers and set a future milestone for this, probably towards the
end of the release cycle.