Please Help: Voice Wanted!

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Jul 22 19:11:35 UTC 2009

>> I'm currently preparing an interview with the infrastructure team,
>> working on getting a time together right now, so the next few steps
>> for me are: a) finalise some times b) get some great questions put
>> together c) record it d) edit/transcribe it e) publish

This may be less immediately useful, but as someone with severe hearing
loss, I *really* appreciate transcriptions and try to make it as easy as
possible for others to provide them, so to minimize the work for (d),
good tools help.

Obviously I'm pretty useless at transcribing audio files myself, but
I've heard that others find Transcriber useful:
http://trans.sourceforge.net/en/features.php (There are other software
packages like http://www.nch.com.au/scribe/ that will run on Linux, but
they're not open-source.)

I'm checking right now to see if transcriber is in Fedora. If it isn't,
I've got me a packaging project. :)  In general, if there is ever
anything I can do to make things that will make it easier for people to
transcribe things like these interviews/podcasts, please let me know!

--Mel "accessibility is win!" Chua