Fedora Project leader Paul W Frields talks with FLOSS Weekly

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 13:42:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 31, 2009 at 07:12:58PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Hi
>
> http://twit.tv/floss71
>
> "Paul W. Frields of the Fedora Project, the free and open source arm of
> the Red Hat Linux distribution.

An unfortunate misnomer, but we should keep in mind that the FLOSS
Weekly audience is largely made up of people who are not using Linux,
and therefore not really interested in the dynamics of how our project
is related.  I tried to explain this more clearly in the interview.

> Paul W. Frields is the Chairman of the Fedora Project Board, and an
> employee of Red Hat. He works on documentation, release notes,
> marketing, and was a founding member of the Fedora Project Board."
>
> Blog post from Paul at
>
> http://marilyn.frields.org:8080/~paul/wordpress/?p=2481

These guys did a live interview on video, and I suppose it's floating
around somewhere on the site as well, or at least it was run a few
times before Saturday's posting of the audio podcast.  Unfortunately
they aren't using FLOSS to do everything, but you can't really fault
the credentials of someone like Randal Schwartz, who's been an open
source advocate (cross-platform) for a long time.  This was a great
show and from what I heard from Randal over the weekend they got a lot
of positive feedback about it.