Bracing for Impact

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 14:21:40 UTC 2009

On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:54:38PM -0400, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> In case anyone missed this on planet, Jef Spaleta has a wonderful post in
> which he mentions that the recent spikes in traffic to the site may be
> linked to our spectacular and ongoing coverage of Fedora 11 Features.
> This is just a testament to the good work that we in marketing do, and I
> wanted to take a chance to thank everyone that has helped in any and every
> capacity ever since the last couple of months!

Jef poses this more as a question than as a supposition.  Is there any
way that we could start capturing information in a way that would tell
us results with more certainty?

I'd suggest you get with the Infrastructure guys and find out how we
could cull referral data in a way that would be helpful.  Perhaps that
data could tell us how effective various types of marketing work are,
so we could concentrate on doing the most effective things for
spreading news to *outside* the Fedora Project, and bringing those
visitors in.