Plans for Monday and Release Day

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Jun 5 18:51:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Jack Aboutboul wrote:

> Cross posting this to a couple of lists, so that we can mobilize as
> many people on the ground as possible.

Trimming back down to just marketing.

Everything you wrote looks pretty good.  I'm curious to know what ended
up happening w/ the twitter and identica account handoff, and if we have
any specific strategies for what we might want to be saying there?

By that I am really asking two questions:

(1) How to most effectively use them on Monday and Tuesday -- real-time
updates of statistics, announcing the instant that it's available,
trying to gain followers like Ashton Kucher (and no, i don't care if I
spelled his name wrong), etc.

(2) Probably could be a nice topic for a marketing meeting, is what kind
of larger strategy do we want to use for communicating messages out to
people via those platforms?

Thinking out loud,
Max