Open source EDA software defeats Lock-in

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 11:12:37 UTC 2009

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 1:33 AM, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> Chitlesh,
> I continue to be amazed at your ability to drive for a cultural change
> in this area.
> I think what you are doing has the potential to be by far the largest
> positive impact on spreading a culture of open development than
> anything else going on.  Dragging open development best practices
> across the mental divides between pure software into design of
> physical electronic has to be non-trivial amount of work.  I'm
> somewhat awed at the effort.

Thank you, but the credits go to Fedora :)

Actually, I'm constantly looking for new contributors, especially for
packaging.

One feature, I'm sad I don't have time to package is the famous
AUTOSAR platform for the automotive industry.

http://www.autosar.org

This industry platform (and opensource) is gaining ground especially
in Europe. Many companies are collaborating on this.

This is another reason, why I personally don't refer to octave/scilab
as an equivalent for Matlab, because Mathworks works hard to maintain
consistently with other areas such as medical, automotive,... I need
more contributors to improve this missing interconnect on the existing
opensource software.

regards,
Chitlesh