Help Wanted?

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 23:17:50 UTC 2009

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Hey Jack,
>
> After a quick bit of mailing list searching, found record of the
> news.fp.o going back to at least march 2008
> (https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2008-March/msg00207.html).
> It goes back before that, but I've not kept looking.
>
> Me and Rahul both worked quite hard at sorting it out, along with
> Frank Chiulli and Bret M, but it never managed to quite make it. The
> goals, at least for what I was working towards, were very similar to
> what you're trying to do with foobar...

A couple of quick thoughts.  Rahul, I looked at the links which you have
me for news.opensuse and ubuntu fridge.  I don't think that our goals
deviate too much as part of the purpose of foobar is to build a better
fedora weekly news, both in content and distribution, but also to
augment it with additional content.

That being said, Jon mentioned that the goals were very similar and as
per the thread you linked me to they seem to be.  Given that the
activity on that has waned over the last year, all things considered,
can we discuss maybe merging these two vision under the foobar banner?
I'm just curious if you guys think it will work.

The time is ripe, we have many good ideas, we have vision, many of our
guys are back on the radar, and enough so that I think we can honestly
pull something like this off with a little bit of work in a fairly
decent (3-4 month) time span and have it be very visually pleasing to
boot.  From there we can go in any number of different directions
regarding who makes what types of content and how often.

Thoughts?

Jack