Self-Introduction: Braden Faulkner

Braden Faulkner bradenflknr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 15:52:23 UTC 2009

Hello there,
My name is Braden Faulkner.

I live in Kitchener, Canada.

I am a Student at Huron Heights.

My goals in the Fedora Project are to join the marketing team, help spread
the word and promote fedora and advertise so, the general public can become
aware of the Fedora Project. Overall, my goal is to increase the number of
people using fedora from day to day.

I like to talk about Linux, Open Source, Android, Fedora and generally
anything that has to do with Electronics and Computers, especially
Programming/Coding.

In Fedora I would like to see a Customized Gnome look that would make it a
little more modern, similar to what the OpenSolaris project has done.

Something else I'd like to do is design large billboard ads or bus/bench ads
that would be eye catching and creative. Launching an ad campaign would be
something broader I may also want to do with these ads.

I have some marketing qualification. I have taking both a
computer business course an a mainstream business course. I have also been
to many camps that focus on promotion and creativity, also making
commercials. I also, have participated in many (video) commercial making
projects.

In the past I have worked on (video) commercial projects, creating posters
and pressentations (Keynotes, PowerPoints, OO.org etc.).

I have slightly more than basic knowledge or marketing but not quite
advanced knowledge. However, I have a enormous interest in marketing and
would like to learn more and grow my knowledge, although I am actively
working to do so, by taking some more advanced courses.

Other skills that might be applicable are my sense of humor (Could make for
some creative and entertaining ads) and my creative way of thinking.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I wish you and the Fedora
Community the best.

Thanks again,
Sincerely,
Braden Faulkner