Spreading the word about FUDCon Berlin

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Mar 2 21:16:25 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,

I'd like to take a moment to talk a little bit about our Marketing and
Press plans for FUDCon Berlin and LinuxTag, which is taking place in
June.

Last week, Red Hat issued a press release about the event, but that is
just the first in what is going to be a larger marketing campaign.

Because we are partnering with LinuxTag this year for FUDCon, they have
agreed to allow us to use their press contacts in Germany and other
parts of Europe to help spread the word about the event.

Henrik Heigl has agreed to take responsibility for helping to craft our
plan for bringing as much exposure as we can to FUDCon Berlin and
LinuxTag this year, and I will be working with him to roll out further
announcements about the daily schedules, speakers, and other highlights
of FUDCon Berlin.

Because a task like this requires lots of teamwork and collaboration
(both on this mailing list and also with other parts of Red Hat, with my
serving as a go-between) to be done correctly, I wanted to take a moment
to "officially" introduce him to the list, though many of you already
know him, and to thank him for taking this important leadership role.

Our goal is to have the most agressive pre-FUDCon marketing strategy
ever seen, that can set the template for how we advertise all future
FUDCons.

--Max