Status of the picture book

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Wed Mar 4 08:02:00 UTC 2009

Ian Weller wrote:

> I need people like Nicu to look over the current uploading instructions
> and see if they contain all the necessary details. Please don't upload
> photos yet, though.
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Submitting_images_for_the_picture_book

Let me digress a bit: I am not sure if I understood correctly the
process with release forms. Supposedly I want to submit a photo with
Martin Sourada from the Brno FUDCon. It is correct that what I have to
do is:
1. print the PDF release form and sign it as a photographer
2. mail it to Martin in Prague
3. have Martin sign it as a model
4. have Martin mail it to Max in Amsterdam
If the process is complicated as such, then I would prefer to follow it
*only* for pictures that are to be used in the book, not for all the
proposals.

On the same part about release forms, I feel the need of a clarification
about "of everybody in that image", supposedly the photo is:
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/photos/fudcon2008brno/day2/153-img_4427.jpg.html
AFAIK, you need release form only for people who are recognizable in
that photo, do I need here signatures from all the people or [how I
expect] only from Martin?
Clarification is important, I don't want to submit this particular
picture:
http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/photos/fudcon2008brno/day1/038-img_4016.jpg.html
but such a rule would effectively bare our something similar.

Now back to the instructions: I think we should understand that 1. the
photographers may not be very good at speaking English and 2. they may
be better with images than with words. So do not ask from them a
completely developed story, but only a story *concept*.