pub id and contact info

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh.goorah at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 21:19:40 UTC 2009

Hello there,

Is there any Publication ID naming guidelines for any Tech Note or
Tech Report for Fedora Project ?

JefSpaleta wanted me to write a Position Paper for FEL and I wanted to
do it the right way : tetex-IEEEtran

Example :http://ctan.osmirror.nl/macros/latex/contrib/IEEEtran/IEEEtran_HOWTO.pdf

As you can see on the footer, there is a publication id of the
document with respect to the organisation.

Can we adopt a  publication id protocol for Tech Note, Tech Report,
White Paper and Position Paper ?
The advantage of such protocol/guidelines will help us avoid copy
paste contents in various papers and just cite the paper.

Example: F0%{ver}-SIG-NUM --> F011-FEL-01

It seems to me that the Contact Info of the regional ambassadors group
(fedora-fr, fedora-india,.....) could also be added to a White Paper.

An industry example:
http://cp.literature.agilent.com/litweb/pdf/5988-6820EN.pdf

Thereby, local humans will be nearer to their respective ambassadors
and at the same time we are doing a marketing in a professional way.

cheers,
chitlesh