podcats/in-depth-feature rollout plan

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Wed May 6 19:36:22 UTC 2009

Jack and I just spoke about the in-depth-feature and podcast rollout
plan as part of the lead-up to Fedora 11.

I'm going to summarize the general plan that we discussed here for any
comments.  Jack, note that I've made a few tweaks from what we discussed
on the phone.

All news is slated to hit at 10:00 AM EDT (UTC -4).

We should try to get news pieces out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and
Thursdays, leading up to the final release.

TODOs:

(1) Start determining the focus of each date's news, and filling in the
schedule.

(2) Determine what the "release news about FOO" process actually looks
like -- coordination w/ Planet, announce-list, News Distribution
Network, Paul Frields, and Caroline Kazmerski.

(3) Wikify this stuff.

Jack, I'll let you run with it from here.  I'm very interested to see
comments from folks, and also volunteers to help out with different
pieces of this.

The rest of this email is a proposed schedule.

===

Fri May 8 -- draft of May 11 news to fedora-marketing-list

Mon May 11 -- release news about ???

Mon May 11 -- draft of May 12 news to fedora-marketing-list

Tue May 12 -- release news about ???

Wed May 13 -- draft of May 14 news to fedora-marketing-list

Thu May 14 -- release news about ???

Friday May 15 -- draft of May 18 news to fedora-marketing-list

Mon May 18 -- release news about ???

Mon May 18 -- draft of May 19 news to fedora-marketing-list

Tue May 19 -- release news about ???

Wed May 20 -- draft of May 21 news to fedora-marketing-list

Thu May 21 -- release news about ???

Fri May 22 -- draft of May 25 news to fedora-marketing-list

Mon May May 25 -- release news about ???

May 26 -- F11 final release