DRAFT: Plan for F11 Marketing/Press Push

Jack Aboutboul jaa at redhat.com
Mon May 11 18:07:59 UTC 2009

Below is a DRAFT plan for the marketing and press push for Fedora 11.
Please let me know what you think.  Any and all comments are welcome.

Max Spevack wrote:
> Jack and I just spoke about the in-depth-feature and podcast rollout
> plan as part of the lead-up to Fedora 11.
>
> I'm going to summarize the general plan that we discussed here for any
> comments.  Jack, note that I've made a few tweaks from what we
> discussed on the phone.
>
> All news is slated to hit at 10:00 AM EDT (UTC -4).
>
> We should try to get news pieces out on Mondays, Tuesdays, and
> Thursdays, leading up to the final release.
>
> TODOs:
>
> (1) Start determining the focus of each date's news, and filling in
> the schedule.
Mon May 11 -- draft of May 12 news to fedora-marketing-list

Tue May 12 -- release news about  "General Release Run-up" & Audio
Interview with Jesse Keating, Fedora Release Engineer

Wed May 13 -- draft of May 14 news to fedora-marketing-list

Thu May 14 -- release news about "Package Kit" & Audio & Print Interview
with Richard Hughes

Friday May 15 -- draft of May 18 news to fedora-marketing-list

Mon May 18 -- release news about "More General Release Run-up, General
Overview" & Audio Interview with Tom "Spot" Callway, Fedora Engineering
Manager

Mon May 18 -- draft of May 19 news to fedora-marketing-list

Tue May 19 -- release news about  "Kernel Mode Setting" & Audio & Print
Interview with Adam Jackson, X/Desktop Developer

Wed May 20 -- draft of May 21 news to fedora-marketing-list

Thu May 21 -- release news about "New Mixer in F11"  & Print Interview
with Lennart Poettering
Thu May 21--  release news about "Virtualization Gets an Upgrade in F11"
& Print Interview with Daniel Berrange

Fri May 22 -- draft of May 25 news to fedora-marketing-list

Mon May 25 -- release news about "Fedora Community" & Audio and Print
Interview with Luke Macken

Mon May 25 -- ensure that all content is in place for May 26, including
all news from NDN, Official Sources, Comunity Sources, Release
Announcement, etc...

May 26 -- F11 final release

May 26 -- Marketing and Ambassadors actively monitoring news sources and
following up.

> (2) Determine what the "release news about FOO" process actually looks
> like -- coordination w/ Planet, announce-list, News Distribution
> Network, Paul Frields, and Caroline Kazmerski.
For each news item, we should have ideally, one person posting to
planet, with others pointing to that post.  Can Paul post to
announce-list?  NDN of course is responsible for forwarding news to
correct outfits and following up with them.

> (3) Wikify this stuff.

Putting this up as part of our official schedule for the release.

Jack