[Fwd: [Lf-announce] Announcing the New Linux.com]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed May 13 21:19:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 02:07:16PM -0400, Jack Aboutboul wrote:
> I just wanted to pass this on so everyone is informed about it.  They are
> trying to start a social network.  What do you guys think about it?

Fedora also has a place on DistroCentral for aggregating content that
is appealing to a broad audience.  We do not want to simply duplicate
the Fedora Planet on this area.

I am assembling a FAS group that would allow people to submit content
for inclusion.  At that point it can be reviewed by a smaller
editorial board, edited if necessary (not for content but just for
minor spelling or punctuation errors), and passed through the feed.

Seth Vidal kindly put together a script for us to do the lion's share
of the work.  I'll be writing a wiki page here to describe how this
works (currently in draft form):

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_feed_for_Linux_Foundation