Why would I want Fedora?

Jeroen van Meeuwen kanarip at kanarip.com
Fri May 15 08:46:59 UTC 2009

On 05/15/2009 08:03 AM, Jeroen van Meeuwen wrote:
> I also think the Fedora Project
> is stronger in it's development edge/focus, thriving Free Software
> innovation by early adoption and being a platform (often? most?) used by
> upstream developers, yada yada, blabla, <insert other things here>, then
> it is in spreading Linux out there.

Reading this back I may have been a little careless leaving out the fact
that in spreading Linux we're not entirely doing a bad job, given the
recent amount of exposure generated with the numbers we could honestly
come up with ;-) These numbers in fact say we're the greatest in
spreading Linux, but the question that comes to my mind is;

Do we, or did we, attract these users / achieve this large install-base
because we keep true to our original cause resulting in a product they
want to and choose to use, or is it because we market Fedora so well it
just so happens to be installed on so many machines (although many users
might actually not care that it's Fedora)?

--Jeroen