Potential press release for Red Hat to distribute

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Fri Nov 6 23:25:12 UTC 2009

Hey Kara,

Something that Fedora has been working on for a while now is the
relicensing of all of its documentation and wiki to a Creative Commons
license.  We just finished this process up (in time for Fedora 12), and
one of the things that the Fedora Marketing team has done is written up
a press release talking about this, and why it is important.

As a collective, we're curious to know if you think this is a press
release that *Red Hat* would like to release through its official
channel.  If so, we want to give Red Hat the first shot at it.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ianweller/Creative_Commons_press_release

If not, then we'll push this news out through our various Fedora
channels, but it seemed like a good idea to get your feedback first, as
our primary contact for all Fedora press stuff at Red Hat.

We're hoping to make a habit out of putting together more press releases
like this -- places where we make a point of focusing, and writing up in
a formal way, news items that are important to the Fedora community, so
making sure we have good communication back to you and Red Hat PR is
important to me.

(Side note to the Fedora Marketing team -- Kara is one of Red Hat's PR
gurus, and she is the person that Paul Frields and I work with for all
Fedora and community-related press that goes through Red Hat.)

Thanks!

--Max