about interviewing

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Thu Oct 1 03:39:33 UTC 2009

On 09/30/2009 08:47 PM, Tareq Al Jurf wrote:
> Hi Mel i remember last month we discussed interviews with fedora
> users i searched for the messages but couldn't find them :( so can u
> send me the link that has the questions i'm going to interview a
> couple of arabs Fedora users with skype webcam and i need some ideas

I can't recall a link with questions off the top of my head, but some
questions that usually make for good interviews...

* Tell me the story of how you started using Fedora.
* Tell me the story of how you started contributing to the Fedora
community. What are you proudest of?
* Show me something you've done in Fedora - what's your favorite program
and how do you use it? Or what's the coolest thing you've done with
Fedora that you think other people may not know about yet?
* What questions do you have about Fedora?
* What could we do better?
* What would you like to see happen in Fedora in the future - both the
distribution and the community?

Basically, get people to tell you stories about their Fedora experience,
and you should be all set. Copying the Marketing list in case anyone has
more ideas - in general, you might get a faster response from the list
than from my crowded inbox. :)

Also, I'm not sure if we have a preferred free alternative to Skype -
does anyone have any suggestions?

--Mel