[Fwd: Re: didn't see "md5 mismatch" error on today's Rawhide noarch packages]

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 13:01:20 UTC 2009

FYI, Marketing team, re: the XZ (smaller packages) feature.  One of
the big lingering issues was that the XZ libraries used by the
yum-presto/deltaRPM feature would fail to rebuild .noarch
(architecture-independent) RPM packages that were identical to the
original when checksummed.  Therefore, any .noarch package would fail
the rebuild test and the original, full package would be downloaded
anyway.  (Binary architecture-dependent packages, like *.i686.rpm and
*.x86_64.rpm, worked fine -- the majority of packages.)

That's been fixed, meaning this feature works even better now for F12
than a month ago.

Paul

----- Forwarded message from Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> -----