Fedora 12 Talking Points

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 17:51:09 UTC 2009

Hi All,

Firstly sorry for screwing up the threading, I've not prev been on
fedora-marketing list but someone pointed me to the thread but as the
Moblin Maintainer I figured it was worth jumping in!

>>> Is Moblin worth adding to it?
>>
>> It's not something that will be usable by most people in this release -
>> not many applications on it yet.
>
># yum install @moblin-desktop gives you a fairly complete desktop. I did
>a quick comparison with what is available in moblin.org and didn't find
>noticeable gaps.

It is basically complete as per Moblin upstream. The main missing
feature is the Moblin Browser and I'm planning to speak to the Fedora
Mozilla guys @ FUDCon to see what I need to do to get support for
this. And there's nothing to stop people using Firefox or Epiphany in
the mean time, I use both without issues.

Most of the other 'apps' are actually just standard gnome apps or I
have them already in rawhide. There's one or two minor ones missing
but nothing I'm overly bothered about.

Peter