CC BY-SA announcement drafts (also: holy crap ian did something!)
mel at redhat.com
Sat Sep 5 18:53:37 UTC 2009
On 09/04/2009 07:57 PM, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 04:34:39PM -0500, Ian Weller wrote:
> Marketing might want to add some fluff, which is OK, too.
Marketing fluff added. ;)
How is this press release getting released, when, and where-to? Sorry I
haven't been able to keep up with this discussion previously.
Specifically, I added:
* The standard "this is a press release!" headers ("FOR IMMEDIATE
RELEASE", location/date before the body text)
* A headline (Fedora Project relicenses content to CC-BY-SA)
* A boilerplate snip of org info at the bottom, yanked from
http://fedoraproject.org/ (do we have a more official one to use for
press releases? I couldn't find one.)
* A shiny quote from Ian (this just in from IRC)
* A contact info section
* ### at the bottom, which is PRspeak for "end of press release"
(For an example of what a professional press release looks like, see
http://www.redhat.com/about/news/prarchive/2009/fedora11.html - you'll
see all these elements in there.)
It still needs:
* filling in of contact information at the bottom - Marketing folks, how
we want to handle press releases is probably something we want to figure
out in general at some point.
* copyediting (I suck at making sure spelling/grammar/etc is 100%
correct; my quick pass usually gets things to 90-95%)
* more nice quotes, perhaps from Sparks or quaid or stickster -
something like... "This relicensing effort will enable us to
$list_of_awesomeness, we'd like to thank $these_people," said $name,
Docs folks, if you want more help with this, can you shoot us a ticket
(https://fedorahosted.org/marketing-team/newticket) and summarize this
email thread in the comments so that we have a bit of context?
More information about the marketing