Podcasts for F12

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 20:37:10 UTC 2009

For the Fedora 11 release, Jack, Mo, and I did a series of podcasts on
various topics from the Fedora 11 talking points.  These podcasts
consisted of short interviews with the people responsible for the
features:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/F11_release_podcasts

Making one of these podcasts doesn't require you to be on-site with
the person you're interviewing.  You can do it with a set of simple
command line utilities, along with the Fedora Talk service:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_make_a_podcast

I've been working on a simpler program that does more of the work for
you, but it's not yet complete enough for me to recommend it to
everyone.  Of course, if you have your own way of making a podcast,
that's just fine too.  We do need to make both Ogg Vorbis and (eek)
MP3 because we want to be able to reach people regardless of platform.

What I would recommend is that we select four of the most compelling
talking points, hopefully spanning the different interest groups.
Then we ask for volunteers who would be willing to take up one of the
subjects, and arrange an interview with someone about the subject.  I
can help find any Red Hat people involved, but it's not required that
a Red Hat engineer be the interview subject.  In fact, if someone's
knowledgeable, they could do a monologue on the subject.

The "draft" podcast would be put on the volunteer's fedorapeople.org
site a week or two later, so people could download and critique
(kindly!), and then allow time for editing if needed, a week or two.
The final versions would be posted in an appropriate place and we
could generate traffic pointers through macro- and micro-blogs, and so
forth.