[Ambassadors] F12 talking points are out!

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Sep 21 21:48:10 UTC 2009

On 09/22/2009 03:13 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> The talking points were discussed here on the list and in Marketing
> meetings as needing to have impact for lay press.  The additional
> points you added either don't have that quality, in that they're not
> easily summarized in a short sentence, or are not points on which a
> speaker would want to concentrate.  ABRT is a great feature, for
> example, but you don't want to give informational points that
> overemphasize crashes or other non-performance.

I will have to disagree with that. Abrt is a tool that improves the
quality of individual components and therefore the quality of Fedora on
the whole by making it trivial for end users to contribute. This is
absolutely something that we need to highlight very prominently.

> Just for point of reference, we froze the talking points list back in
> August, after list and meeting conversation that happened throughout
> July and August:
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-marketing-list/2009-August/msg00044.html

I pointed out that more time is needed even then.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2009-August/msg00957.html

If we want to stick to a "freeze" in the wiki page, you can revert the
changes and I won't bother to update it anymore.

Rahul