Fedora Insight: FWN experimentation

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Sep 30 06:59:58 UTC 2009

Simon's got pretty much everything else covered, so...

> 3) We need to decision what level to create news items at. If there is a
> desire to continue FWN as a identifiable entity, there would be value in
> presenting news stories at the beat[1] level, and marked and tagged as
> such. People could subscribe to FWN content by subscribing to anything
> tagged as FWN, and using the categories, people could do the same as well
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FWN/Beats

+1 to continuing FWN as an identifiable entity - fwiw, I agree that a
beat is the right level to chunk content into (as opposed to "all of FWN
in one post" or "individual items within a beat each make up their own
numerous tiny posts"). Not sure how that works out with categories and
tags, but I'm sure that it will rock, however you folks decide to make
it happen zikula-wise. ;)

> I plan to attend FUDCon Toronto in December and hopefully we can spend
> some quality time hacking on this on the Sunday and Monday.

+100! I really think this FUDCon is going to leapfrog us ahead in terms
of Cool Content Things by making it far easier to do so - with zikula as
a platform to work from and marketing research to help us figure out
where to aim, we're actually starting to gather and build an
infrastructure and a set of tools for Doing Fedora Marketing. Sweet.

Abe Lincoln once said "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will
spend the first four sharpening the axe." We're coming out with Axe
v.1.0 right now. ;)

--Mel