wiki challenge -- now on the wiki

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 1 06:52:19 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 5:42 AM, Clint Savage <herlo1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 5:14 PM, Max Spevack <mspevack at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, 31 Mar 2010, Max Spevack wrote:
>>
>>> Mostly it's just a question of incentives and making it a fun game for
>>> people to see who can meet the challenge first.  That's the marketing
>>> trick here, I suppose.
>>
>> "Complete 5 wiki challenges, and get a set of steak knives!"
>>
>> "Complete 10 wiki challenges, and we'll make you the lead story on
>> Fedora Weekly News!"
>>
>> "Complete 15 wiki challenges, and get some travel sponsorship to the
>> next FUDCon in your region!"
>>
>> "Complete 50 wiki challenges, and we'll let you name the next release!"
>>
>> "Complete 500 wiki challenges, and we'll send you a coupon for 20% off
>> your carpal-tunnel surgery."
>>
>> &c.
>
> This reminds me a bit of a social networking game, something like
> foursquare.  Maybe there's a way that people who commit those wiki
> edits can get credit in FAS or Fedora Community and earn points toward
> sponsorship to FUDCon or Fedora SWAG or something.  I think we may
> have an idea here...

That's a nice challenge!

This reminds me, to remind everyone that our wiki genreally needs MORE
love! Not only cleaning up pages and getting them up to date, but also
editing with comments (I can not seem to find anyone else but me to
edit with comments :( ) and also being bold on editing :)

Max, start counting my wiki challenges, because Fedora 15 is going to
have my name on it ;)

Let's make our wiki shine!

~π

--