Letter concerning photographs

Ian Weller ian at ianweller.org
Thu Apr 8 03:51:00 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 07:28:33PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 6:57 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> > * All photographs *must* be licensed either Creative Commons
> >  Attribution, or Attribution-ShareAlike (CC-BY or CC-BY-SA).  We
> >  cannot use photographs without proper licensing, or with CC
> >  NonCommercial or NoDerivatives (NC, ND) type licensing.
> >

> Do we have any rules regarding things like needing consent from the
> photograph subject (if it is a person), regardless of license type?
> Particularly if they are pictures of minors? (Think students in a
> classroom, etc.)
>
> Other than that - this looks dandy to me.  Just want to avoid wading
> in those murky legal waters if we can. :)  I'm not sure how CC
> licensing handles these types of things offhand.

CC does not take care of personality rights/consent at all.

For the Fedora Picture Book, we used these:
https://fedoraproject.org/w/uploads/2/2c/Picture_book_release_form.pdf
But somebody needs to check with spot to see if we can reuse this or if
we need a different one.

--
Ian Weller <ian at ianweller.org>