Letter concerning photographs

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Apr 8 12:51:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 07, 2010 at 07:28:33PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> Do we have any rules regarding things like needing consent from the
> photograph subject (if it is a person), regardless of license type?
> Particularly if they are pictures of minors? (Think students in a
> classroom, etc.)
>
> Other than that - this looks dandy to me.  Just want to avoid wading
> in those murky legal waters if we can. :)  I'm not sure how CC
> licensing handles these types of things offhand.

Oy, you're right!  We do need releases for models, I believe.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/File:Picture_book_release_form.pdf

That's a release form specifically for the Picture Book project
(dormant).  It won't work here because it specifically authorizes for
use in that project -- but I thought we had a more general form.  I'll
look into this and report back.