Letter concerning photographs

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Thu Apr 8 14:14:35 UTC 2010

On 04/08/2010 03:55 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> I'm not sure about this, but the Picture Book was going to be offered
> for sale, which might have changed the landscape of needing a release.
> Our purpose here is obviously not commercial sale, and perhaps the
> combination of that factor with having only our community members in

Commercial/not commercial don't make a difference, the content is going
to the wiki so it will be licensed as CC-BY-SA and that means allowing
commercial reuse.

> photographs avoids the problem.  On top of that, we could ask that the
> photographs be taken in a public place which might further dilute the
> need for a release.

s/public place/public event/g

I have a lot of good faith in our contributors, I think any of them will
be glad to have his photo in the release notes.