Letter concerning photographs

Nelson Marques 07721 at ipam.pt
Thu Apr 8 20:19:24 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 17:09 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Basically, to use minors we would need the release forms signed by
> their
> parents/legal guardians.
>
> I think the best case would be when a contributor send photos made by
> himself with his own children and he has a good understanding of the
> rules. Anything less may lead to problems.

I wasn't even going through the legal stuff, I thought basically on
ethics. We've had some seminars about advertising, and usually
"children" was always a topic under ethics.

I am not sure how that is going in the US, but the European Parliament
is preparing some legislation to protect children in both ways, as the
target of advertisement and the usage of children in advertising.

This is a grey area in Europe at the moment, but I would expect some
major changes within the next years.

For me is a matter of ethics above all else. At least I wouldn't expose
my children or anyone else's children online. And as you mention, the
legal issues (though my idea was mainly based on ethics, but this is
also a handicap).

nelson

--
Nelson Marques
PGP Fingerprint: 53E1 731B 85A4 A098 8382 8CFF 1AC7 AF01 7717 8063