some feedback from blog

Neville A. Cross nacross at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 19:46:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:23 PM, Nelson Marques <07721 at ipam.pt> wrote:

>  Hi,
>
>  I've got some interesting feedback from a blog post I've made. Some in
> portuguese and got some valid information from people who would like to
> package stuff for fedora :)
>
>  One of the things pointed was that people would like to have some
> guidance and help from someone, like a tutor.
>
>  I don't feel like writing more complex marketing documents for this to
> present... So I'm available to try and establish a bridge here if
> needed.
>
>  Would it be in the interest of Fedora Project that some work would be
> developed in this field? Like a strategical tutorship plan for new
> comers?
>
>  nelson

The most advanced mentor-ship program is for ambassadors. Ambassadors
should know the project to help as bridges. In other words, point
people in the right direction within the Fedora project.

The usual way for becoming packager is to look for a package that one
person like and join the team that maintain that package. I guess that
you can look directly for http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FESCo is some
one want to bring a new package to Fedora. But that route is less
frequent.

Hope my lines helps you.

Best regards

--