Talking points change needed?

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Sat Apr 10 02:42:26 UTC 2010

On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 5:20 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 08:06:50AM -0400, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> The user management interface redesign is a "tech preview" in F13, as
>> opposed to final.  Unfortunately the Desktop SIG members working on
>> the feature aren't able to comfortably make it a default yet, because
>> there are a few integration pieces left to complete.  It will still be
>> available for installation and use, but not enabled by default, in
>> F13.
>>
>> Should we remove this point from the talking points list for user
>> features?  Doing so would still leave five points in that category.
>
> Hm, also found that the "yum langpack" feature has been moved off for
> now as well.  I sent a note to FESCo asking them to notify the
> Marketing and Docs teams in the future when features are dropped.
> There should be no more feature dropping this cycle, but it would be
> good to hear about it sooner in F14.
>
> Still leaves four points for users, which is well within the 3-5 range
> we originally wanted to include.

Okay - I'm going to delete the langpack stuff off of Talking Points,
since we have the rule of "no talking points that aren't on feature
list," iirc.  (Or maybe that was never officially decided, but I'm
going with it for now.)

But - user account dialog is still in feature list, at 100%.  Do we
call it experimental user management interface, techpreview user
management interface, or ... ?

Thoughts? Anyone?