Fedora and Video Sharing

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Sat Apr 10 07:10:11 UTC 2010

threethirty wrote:
> There are some concerns [mostly mine, I don't think anyone cares :)] We
> should run the TOS by Legal to make sure there is nothing in there that
> we (the project) find offensive.  We also need to dig through the FUD on
> the licensing for h.264, I remember reading somewhere there that if
> there weren't proper licenses all the way through the chain the video
> creator could be liable. (Yes I know this sounds like bollocks but we
> should have a look at it; better safe than sorry)

I don't think h.264 is of concern *now*, AFAIK YouTube still uses h.263 as
default and we will start by using Archive.org/Dailymotion anyway. On top
of that, we will not upload h.264 to YouTube, will let them make the
conversion.

> The other concern is that we are less than 60 days till a release and we
> don't want to take an resources from the main goal.

Well, not everybody works on the release... if someone has the time and
will to get the project running, then more power to them. We that may be
involved in the release, may join the party when we can.