[in the news] Register: Fedora tempts fate with Apollo 13 beta

Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier xonker at gmail.com
Wed Apr 14 14:54:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Apr 14, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Let's refrain from bashing reporters or news venues on this list
> please.  While reporters sometimes get things wrong or put their own
> spin on information we provide, having a healthy relationship with
> them is mutually beneficial.

It's also worth noting that reporters, by their nature, tend to read a
lot of lists. ;-) Bashing them on your marketing list may not be the
best way to get good press in the future.

Think of corrections like bug reports -- what type of attitude do you
want to see communicated from users and other developers when they
report a bug?

* "Hey, great program - but I ran into this problem..."
* "Damn developers, can't you ship anything that works? Once again, my
FooBar 2000 is locking up when I try to run Fedora 13 beta..."

--
Joe 'Zonker' Brockmeier <jzb at zonker.net>
About: http://www.dissociatedpress.net/about/