Advertising "open core" software

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 11:50:44 UTC 2010

On 04/15/2010 05:11 PM, Nelson Marques wrote:

> By the way, might not be the best metaphore, but what is Fedora position
> regarding Tomboy ? why are we not highlighting Tomboy and instead going
> Gnote way?
>
> Shouldn't we be prioritizing FOSS ?

Disclosure:  I am the maintainer of Gnote in Fedora.

Not sure where there is a conflict between promoting FOSS and
highlighting Gnote?  Gnote is default in Fedora because Fedora Live CD
couldn't accommodate Mono apps within the space we had.  Since Gnote
provided equivalent functionality without occupying much space,  it was
picked as default.  We highlight what we have as default better than
what we merely include in the repository.   Tomboy continues to be
available and maintained by the Fedora desktop team in Fedora.

Rahul