In the news: Zarafa

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 04:19:46 UTC 2010

On 04/21/2010 01:11 AM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> As some others noted, I think pulling the feature is unwarranted.  At
> least part of the compelling story around Zarafa is that it's included
> because a volunteer took advantage of our open, community process to
> get a cool piece of software into the distribution.  This happens
> quite a lot, and deja-dup is another good example.

FYI,  I bought deja-dup into the distribution and asked the Fedora
Desktop team to include it.  The primary (and really the only) upstream
developer, Michael Terry works for Canonical.  Duplicity has supported
Amazon S3 as a backup option forever and the developer was merely
exposing that in the GUI.  There is no commercial agreement anywhere in
this equation.  We simply filled in a gap in our desktop solution.

Rahul