Why Linux isn't attracting young developers

Tony Guntharp fusion94 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 21 16:17:13 UTC 2010

This article primarily relates to Kernel development. The real issue
is that kernel development is in fact "hard". It's generally far more
difficult that anything you learn in school/university and most
developers don't get to the skill level required to work on the kernel
until they've been in the corporate workforce for years solving real
problems not theoretical ones.

-t

Tony Guntharp
Co-Founder SourceForge.net