Social Media Passwording

Paul W. Frields stickster at
Fri Aug 6 17:50:27 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 06, 2010 at 01:25:28PM +0200, wonderer wrote:
> Hy,
> The idea behind that seem to be ok. Me personally do not like sharing
> sensible data like passwords over a common media like the internet. I
> think GnuPG is pretty good for "sharing" passwords instead of sending
> them over another Server which we can not control of ourself and we do
> not know what they do with the data. In my opinion such "service" is Ok
> for personal use, but not for a big community or even in business.

This is the main reason we're using HootSuite now -- we can add people
to the team with individual passwords but shared access to the
accounts to which we post.  Then there's no need to share passphrases
at all, and no need to worry about changing them when membership

Paul W. Frields
  gpg fingerprint: 3DA6 A0AC 6D58 FEC4 0233  5906 ACDB C937 BD11 3717   -  -  -  -
          Where open source multiplies: