Talking points/spotlight features

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Aug 10 23:20:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 06:08:33AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:

> #1) We take things like MeeGo and KDE and forego putting them in a
> "Spins" category on the Talking Points, move them up to End User
> talking points instead, and just add some blurbs about "and this will
> be a spin."

I agree with the idea of putting forward alternate spins under their
branding to attract that attention.  They feel buried under Spins, in
that people may not go there unless they already know what a spin is.

Netbooks continue to be a growing class, and MeeGo and KDE netbook
spin may be worth highlighting specifically for that user class.

Breaking with tradition?  Tradition has been set as we go, I don't
think presence or absence on a release's Features page should be the
only deciding factor in choosing the talking points.  Ideally,
perhaps, *all* new cool things would have feature pages, and that
would create more of a reason to stick to that as a rule.

- Karsten