FUDCon EMEA press release

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 19:33:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, Aug 19, 2010 at 09:43:45PM +0200, wonderer wrote:
> > Hi Henrik,
> >
> > I can coordinate with Red Hat's PR team in EMEA and help get the press
> > release out to media contacts.
> >
>  Hy Kara,
>
> that sounds great! If possible let me know to whom I can speak or who
> can tell me which contacts you already use so that we do not send out it
> double ;-)

Hi Henrik, we worked on the press release text a bit, so that it would
be ready for legal review and also to pass to Red Hat's PR team in
EMEA.  A text copy appears below.  This doesn't include the extra bit
at the end that's required for the press releases Red Hat sends (where
it talks about not guaranteeing future results for investors, etc.).

Here's what I would recommend:

(1) Review the text and see if it's acceptable.

(2) Let the list know -- or email Jared, me, and Kara -- where you
    want to send the press release, and we can work together with you
    to make sure it doesn't go to the same places twice through our
    EMEA PR team.

* * *

[Insert city, country] – Aug. xx, 2010 – The Fedora Project, a Red Hat
sponsored and community-supported open source collaboration project,
today announced it will host the Fedora Users and Developers
Conference (FUDCon) for Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA)
between September 17-19, 2010 at ETH in Zurich, Switzerland. FUDCon
EMEA features technical lectures, working sessions, and other learning
and collaboration opportunities for present and future Fedora
contributors.

FUDCon EMEA occurs alongside the FrOSCamp 2010 conference in Zurich,
which runs September 17-18, 2010. FrOSCamp is an annual, multilingual
event that includes an exhibition, talks, workshops and hackfests
concerning free and open source software and content, open standards
and systems, and digital sustainability.

As a major Linux distribution, Fedora includes the work of numerous
upstream free software projects. The FrOSCamp event will include space
dedicated to these projects as well as to the FUDCon event. By holding
FUDCon next to this free software conference, the organizers aim to
facilitate collaboration between Fedora contributors and the other
attendees of FrOSCamp.

Keynotes will be held in a shared area to benefit both event
audiences. Fedora Project Leader Jared Smith will deliver a keynote at
FUDCon, and other notable contributors from the Fedora Project from
both the United States and around the EMEA region are scheduled to
deliver talks and lead hacking sessions.

In addition, on both Friday and Saturday nights there will be social
events following the day's proceedings where attendees will comingle
and socialize. Scheduled FUDCon activities will continue through
Sunday following the end of FrOSCamp.

More information is available at both the Fedora Project wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Zurich_2010. Pre-registration
remains open through the wiki at
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FUDCon:Zurich_2010_Pre-registration. As
with all FUDCon events, the FUDCon EMEA in Zurich is free of cost and
open to anyone to attend. More information regarding FrOSCamp is
available at that event's homepage at
http://wiki.froscamp.org/Welcome.

For more information about the Fedora Project, visit
www.fedoraproject.org. For more news about Red Hat, visit
www.redhat.com.  For more news, more often, visit
www.press.redhat.com.

* * *