release slogan, round 2.

Larry Cafiero larry.cafiero at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 20:42:06 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 10:37 AM, Stephen John Smoogen <

> To be honest.. are Release Names really used by people when talking
> about Fedora? I see that more often in the Ubuntu/Debian communities
> than ever in Fedora/RHL communities.

Frankly, yes. It's easy to refer to F13 as Goddard, just as it's common for
those in Ubuntu to talk about Feisty, Gutsy, Karmic, Lucid, etc., in
referring  to those releases. In fact, more times than not during the course
of a presentation, I'll refer to the release by name rather than by number.

But I've never really used the slogans when describing any Fedora release,
so I don't think we should be comparing release names to release slogans.

My point -- maybe missed, maybe not -- is how important is a slogan if
choosing one is causing problems and taking away from time better spent
elsewhere?

[Incidentally, I am just north of ambivalent about the slogan: If we have
one, fine; if not, oh well. So I really don't have a horse in this race, so
to speak.]

Larry Cafiero